new player

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by J&A Loveshack Ranch, May 12, 2008.

1. J&A Loveshack Ranch

J&A Loveshack Ranch In the Brooder

May 12, 2008
    Hey everyone, I just joined and think it is cool to see all of this chicken talk. I have had golden seabrights, RIR, and now with golden Comets. I like them the best. I have one that isn't laying and just the other day she gave me a miget egg. I would believe one is going into a molt. They are spoiled and I love 'em. I treat all of my critters real good. They think they are at Julie's Paradise Animal Retreat. I will enjoy checking out all the other stuff as I get used to posting and talking with others. have a great day!!! Julie B from the beautiful Scioto County in Ohio

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    What up Julie?! Welcome to the group. Beware...it's addictive!

3. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Songster

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    [​IMG]
    I dont even have chickens. Just two geese (Which shipped today and ahould arrive on Wed.). I'm addicted to this site its so fun. Now I want chickens too. But I'll have to wait a while for them. (Silkies will be my first choice). Welcome and I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have!!
    [​IMG]

4. J&A Loveshack Ranch

J&A Loveshack Ranch In the Brooder

May 12, 2008
    are those the ones that look like Rod Stewart? With the boof hair do? I love looking at all the breeds at our county fair. I have been through a lot of ducks but not any geese. I may try one or some this year. My duck eggs felt like one would weight 5 pounds. I baked with them sometimes and the rest of the time my doggies got them. I once found a nest that I didn't know they laid in and got about 13 eggs out of it. Doggies got them too. My spoiled little friends here. We are a cattle ranch as well. My husband has a day job and I run a small child day care too. Busy people are we!
    Julie

5. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    yeah silkies are the rod stewarts. They are the totally furry ones. Polish are the ones with just the head hair. I have one silkie chick and a bunch that hatched today and yesterday. They are SO cute! Do it get some chickies nutmeggie...you know you want to.

6. Tutter

Tutter Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Welcome, Julie! [​IMG]

7. hoosier

hoosier Songster

Welcome, neighbor! I am new here myself.

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Welcome! You won't find nicer chicken folks, that's for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: