new Polish color

I-Have-Happy-Hens

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Carrboro, NC
Hi has anybody ever made a BLRP blue laced red polish I thought I would try this by mixing a White polish rooster and a BLRW hen then keep breeding them to look like a normal polish but BLR.

post pics please if you have made this cross before.

Happy-Hens

Ive been fantasizing about the same thing! but hardly know enough on how to go about it. Would love to hear more about playing with these kinds of crosses.

I am just guessing but I think you may get incomplete patterns and bad lacing, plus you may not know what underlying genes there may be with white because it's recessive?? I don't know a ton about genetics but I would think in order to keep the lacing correct you would need a laced polish?? Gold laced to carry the red maybe?

Quote:
idunno.gif
I would think so, it's the silver I would think you need to stay away from. I'm no expert but that's my guess. I am pretty sure you would need to use laced polish though to keep the lacing correct and not end up with incomplete patterns. You can play with the Kippen calculator to get some ideas. I get stuck on that for hours sometimes..lol color genetics fascinate me.
I bet there are some genetic gurus out there on byc that could tell you better than I.

Here's the chicken calculator link.
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Hmm. I am no expert, but I think you need a gold laced polish bred to a blue polish to make blue laced red. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong...

That would be cool if it works.
big_smile.png
You might want to check out the polish thread and the BLRW thread and see what they think.

The problem would be getting the Polish type back. They have different colored ear lobes, very different combs, different colored legs and very different body types plus it would be work getting the crest back as well.

well there is the possibility that the Buff Laced is holding splash(BlBl) instead of dominant white(II) so you could in turn breed the Buff Laced with a Golden Polish to create somewhat of a Blue Laced Gold... but the Red part would have to be introduced.

Back
Top Bottom