New Polish rooster!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Woofless, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Woofless

Woofless Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2010
    SD
    Last year I had three roosters with my flock, and everyone got along great. They have a 3 acre pen to free range in, so I think for the most part they had enough room to stay out of each other's hair. Unfortunately my neighbor's dog got in the pen last fall and killed several hens and two of the roosters. The remaining rooster, Tabasco, has turned out to be a very nice roo & takes good care of his hens.

But I love roosters....so naturally I was kind of wanting to replace the two I lost, since I enjoyed having them so much. I figured I'd get an incubator this year or if I was lucky one of my girls would go broody (not holding my breath)....either way I thought surely I'd end up with plenty of roosters that way. But earlier this week, when I started a new job at a local greenhouse (seasonal work), one of their roosters caught my eye. A very pretty grey and white (splash? blue?) Polish roo with "spiky hair" LOL. Turns out they had more roosters than they wanted & this guy was "too small to eat" so I took my spiky headed "Punk Rock Rooster" boy home today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thinking of naming him Punky Rooster. LOL.

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Cute rooster! Hope he and the other one will tolerate each other.

3. austinandkara

austinandkara Out Of The Brooder

Very cool looking guy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by