New potential chicken owners in Swansea, MA

CutlassL29

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Swansea, MA
Hello all! What a great web site and forum to find! A wealth of information here! Mother Earth News web site was helpful too but this site looks much better!
The wife and I have been doing extensive homework on raising and caring for chickens recently as we have been interested in doing this for some time now. Now we want to get it done! 6 chicks is all we're looking to get started with then see how it goes from there. I did it for several years when I was a teen so I'm not too new to it. We have lots of materials to build a coop and small run for them before we go buy any. We have a nice spot at the back of the property that's shaded well in the summer and are considering making the coop setup mobile to move before winter so the chickens are closer to the house and get full exposure to the sun.
We're very excited about getting started but want to build our coop first, educate ourselves more, then go buy the chicks. We have a new Tractor Supply near our home now and they sell chicks so we're thinking about buying from there only because we don't know where else to go that's close by.
We're looking forward to any input, suggestions or ideas we get from this community and web site!

Thanks to all of you!
Mike

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom