New Poults

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by DR2M, Apr 16, 2018.

1. DR2M

DR2M In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2018
    Mississippi
    Recently, about 2 month ago ago, I received several baby chickens. It had been a blast raiseing them. Unfortunately I've lost half of them to predators. A problem that has been fixed. Today I came home to a surprise from my mother, who felt bad about my loss. Our local farm and feed had some biddies, ducklings, and poults for sell. Someone had bought all the biddies and ducks, so my mother thought she'd buy two of these Blonde Turkey Poults. Honestly, I love them so far. They're adorable little fluff balls. If anyone hasn't information about this specific turkeys life it would be greatly appreciated. Always looking to gain some knowledge. View attachment 1342683

SavKel likes this.
  2. SavKel&RynKel

SavKel&RynKel Free Ranging

Mar 16, 2018
    Bay Area, California
    My Coop
    Sweet little babies! :love

3. GotCoop

GotCoop Chirping

Jan 10, 2013
    Baker, Fl
    Turkeys are fun...hopefully you have one of each sex

4. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Those appear to be Bronze poults. Since they came from a feed store they are most likely Broad Breasted Bronze poults. If they are broad breasted, they were designed as a fast growing meat turkey meant to be processed by the time they are 6 months old.

5. DR2M

DR2M In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2018
    Mississippi
    Thanks, we soon figured out they are Bronze once we realized blonde turkeys aren't a breed, atleast that we could find. We do plan on them being meat birds. As I've nicknamed em the holidays... kinda dark.

Delawaremommy and SavKel&RynKel like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: