New Processor in NY/PA area.

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by willheveland, Aug 18, 2010.

1. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    There is a new guy in the Southern Tier that processes poultry. I haven't used him yet just talked on the phone. He charges $2.00 a bird and he will bag and twist tie. You drop off and pick-up the same day. He says he hopes to process till Christmas then start back up in the spring. He lives in Litchfield, PA. it's close to the NY/PA line between Binghamton and Elmira.
    I hope things go good for him, we sure could use a processor in our area and $2.00 is very reasonable.
    You can contact him @ Bruce's Poultry Processing 1-570-888-1615. Will

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Id jump at 2$ a bird! I could still make a few bucks off of each chicken-he's 7-8 hours away:-(

3. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    Quote:Id jump at 2$ a bird! I could still make a few bucks off of each chicken-he's 7-8 hours away:-(

I was just up your way 2 weeks ago. We went to Herkimer Diamond Mines and then up to Water Safari in Old Forge.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

I was just up your way 2 weeks ago. We went to Herkimer Diamond Mines and then up to Water Safari in Old Forge.

Very cooool!!!

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    3 hours away frome me [​IMG]

6. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT

He's only an hour from me!!!! AND he has a phone number (I can't find the local Amish people that will do it- they live WAAAYYYYYYYYYY out in the boondocks and I'm getting tired of getting lost).

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY

7. hensonly

hensonly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY

I used a guy in Greenwich, NY (east of Saratoga, right near the Hudson River) who charges $3 a bird, bag and twist tie, same-day service (in fact, I waited for my 30 to be done). He sells the ice to pack them in for the ride home, too. He charges .50 more for birds over 5 lb dressed, and of course more for turkeys...don't know what he charges for ducks.

He was excellent, I was very pleased.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

I used a guy in Greenwich, NY (east of Saratoga, right near the Hudson River) who charges $3 a bird, bag and twist tie, same-day service (in fact, I waited for my 30 to be done). He sells the ice to pack them in for the ride home, too. He charges .50 more for birds over 5 lb dressed, and of course more for turkeys...don't know what he charges for ducks.

He was excellent, I was very pleased.

I am doing my own now-I feel great about it as they all turned out great and I have 26 to do come Oct:) cant wait

9. hensonly

hensonly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    One day I will do my own...but I'm glad I didn't with the Rangers, because I really really liked those birds! So different from my factory laying hens who always think the sky is falling! I almost kept a couple of the Ranger pullets, but didn't at the last minute...

I wish I could make it to your Oct gathering, but work gets in the way... I need someone to show me how to do it right and then I have to get my emotions in line with my logic so I can do it.

I'm ordering some dual purpose chicks to replace my layers and also supply us with meat. And hopefully raise the next generation for me, too. I don't want to do the incubator thing...though our neighbor has one I could use in an emergency!

Best of luck at the October meeting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by