New Project just completed with pictures

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Omran, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    HI all, I got really tired last winter of hauling water back and forth to my chickens and hoses got frozen on me all the time and I had to get it all inside to unfreez it to beable to get water for my cows. and lately I had so much trouble with the cows stilling my chicken food and pooping every where around the chicken coops and going inside the run so I decided to do this nice project of installing a fence around my chicken coop and installing two hydrent of water
    here what I have done.
    [​IMG]
    water Hydrent
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here from the outside
    [​IMG]
    small walk gate home made
    [​IMG]
    seeded and strwaed the site after trenching for water line
    [​IMG]
    another home made walk gate from the other side of the run
    [​IMG]
    one more picture for fun
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys like it.
    thank you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks great! The hydrants will be really nice. We have one pretty close to the run and it doesn't freeze in the winter, so I won't have to haul water very far (further than you, but not much).

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for sharing! Great work!!! You'll be enjoying your winter for sure. [​IMG]

4. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:thank you very much for nice complement [​IMG]

5. Pip's chicks

Pip's chicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2011
    Central AR
    Very Very nice! Great job [​IMG]

6. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    You will love the hydrant! I have one at my barn and it's always worked perfectly.

7. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I forgot to mention, I also installed an electric outlet next to the water trauf to heat the water for my cows without extension cords [​IMG]

8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:we have a frost free installed in front of our horse stock tank with an electric outlet. Definitely a good idea. I use heat tape to put around the spout and then wrap thick rubber insulation around it, and then use a stock heater that sinks AND a floating heater. Last winter was so bad that the stock heater was not keeping up. The float heater kept the top 'open' so they could drink. This year, going to use straw bales to put around the tank in hopes it will not freeze up. Not looking forward to winter, for sure. But yeah, your chores will be cut in half from last year. I can't imagine how 'fun' that was for you. [​IMG]

9. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:we have a frost free installed in front of our horse stock tank with an electric outlet. Definitely a good idea. I use heat tape to put around the spout and then wrap thick rubber insulation around it, and then use a stock heater that sinks AND a floating heater. Last winter was so bad that the stock heater was not keeping up. The float heater kept the top 'open' so they could drink. This year, going to use straw bales to put around the tank in hopes it will not freeze up. Not looking forward to winter, for sure. But yeah, your chores will be cut in half from last year. I can't imagine how 'fun' that was for you. [​IMG]

I have installed for a friend of mine one of the antifreez trauf with two openning and he said it works perfect, I might save enough $ to buy one next year, the only thing bothers me it is about $500 new, and I can't find a used one.

10. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY

BTW I visited your webpage and I must say, you guys rock, you guys build a real beautiful coop, god bless you children and bless your Family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by