1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEW PUPPIES!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by babymakes6, Mar 26, 2009.

1. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    My stud dog(Golden Retriever), Monty, has been barking off and on for the last half hour, so we went out to check and found Maggie was having her puppies! This is her fourth litter, so she is an old pro, but it's still exciting when it happens! So far she has 2 females, so we'll see what we end up with! Puppies, anyone??????????[​IMG][​IMG]

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!! [​IMG]

Our first dog was a "retired" Golden Retriever service dog. He was such a good old boy.

You MUST post photos when mom is done and everyone is doing OK.

3. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    Puppies i love puppies we have a litter of goldendoodles right now
    Goldens are great

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oooooooooo, Golden puppies!!!!!! Now that calls for pictures!!
    We are getting a golden pup soon. The litter was born March 23. We get to go up and visit the breeder and dogs in week or so. I'd love to see pictures of yours to tide me over! I'm a little excited, can you tell?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nothing sweeter than a puppy~we had a GR that was dumped off at our house in Feb. one year during a horrible blizzard, and we kept Henrietta (had Hendrix the boxer, so it sounded good together) for a long time. She was so funny, scared to death of storms, would hide in the shower until it was over, and was the BEST mole catcher we ever had. That long slim nose did the trick everytime.

6. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Oooh, Oooh... We need ....
    [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How sweet!

Congratulations to you and momma doggy both! [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:We had one that wandered into our neighborhood as a 10 month old (give or take) puppy. He started hanging around our other dog. We tried to find his owners through the dog warden, local vets, ads in the paper, with no luck. He was with us for 13 years! Arlo was one in a million! We think he was probably a pet store dog. He was not a show dog but any stretch of the imagination. We wondered if he hadn't been purchased in a pet store as a cute fluff ball then turned loose when he outgrew the cute stage.

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    [​IMG] Are you in NC?! I may be interested

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

NO PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you CRAZY???????? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by