New puppy coming! Where do I find some patience?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rizq, Oct 26, 2008.

1. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I CAN'T WAIT!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lol

I have been wanting another puppy for quite some time, but the time hasn't been right. Well, I got puppy fever so bad I caught myself cruising Craigslist and e-mailing about the $50, unregistered shepherd puppies with the floppy eared mother. Not that they won't make perfectly wonderful pets, but I am really wanting a competition dog and if I get just a pet, I won't have the time, space, or room in the budget for another dog which will probably lead to me resenting said dog, which isn't fair to me or the dog ... so I backed out and e-mailed a breeder I have had 2 dogs from in the past. She has also shown and titled my current dog I have from her. She has AMAZING dogs.

So, now I have a pup coming Thursday November 6th and that is just too long to wait [​IMG]. Patience is a virtue which I do not possess. I was absent the day they passed it out. I can't post her pic, because it is copyrighted and I didn't ask permission, but she can be seen here: http://www.theishof.com/TheishofLittersH.html. She is the one on the bottom. Her name is Heida and she Jenna's (my current shepherd) niece.

Now I just have to figure out how to keep from going CRAZY before she gets here![​IMG]

edited because not only am I impatient, but I can't spell either!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats..I would have adopted.

3. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Congrats! It takes so much patience to wait to actually get the puppy then to actually train it. I have both breeder aquired and adopted mutts and I love em both! Enjoy!!

4. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I also have adopted mutts, but this one is going to be my competition dog since my Jenna is getting old. I compete in Schutzhund and conformation, so adopting just wasn't an option with this one [​IMG] If she was just going to be a pet, then yes, I may have adopted if I could find the right dog.

5. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Quote:I LOVE training my puppies [​IMG] I trained professionally in the past, now just as a hobby, it is my passion. I will probably train professionally again in the future, but have to work on the patience with people thing, lol. Unfortunately, professional dog training is more about training the owner than the dog. I work much better with dogs [​IMG]

6. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    I have 3 purebred dogs and 4 mutts, I love them all!

It was so hard when my SO went to West Virginia (his home town) to pick up our dog Sidney from his mom's (her dog had puppies) and then wait a week for him to come home with the puppy! Not only was I missing my SO but I wanted the pup so badly!

I personally LOVE to train dogs.. But I love grooming them even more, hence why I am in college to be a Dog/Cat groomer, hehe. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  7. Shelanie

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    My husband said he wishes I like him as much as my dogs [​IMG]

8. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    I groomed for 3 years as well, owned my own salon. After I moved to Tennessee I had to give up grooming after about a month in my new salon because I messed up my back really bad (125 pound, FAT, and uncooperative Golden Retriever). Now I groom my Lhasa Apso and that is more than I can manage sometimes. I miss it so bad. When I was in ND I would groom doing the day and give training lessons in the evening.

Good luck with grooming! I am sure you will love it, but be careful with those big ones.

9. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Quote:[​IMG]

My dogs may be why I don't yet have a husband! So you are doing better than I am [​IMG]

10. Shelanie

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Lucky for him he has never asked me to choose!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by