New puppy gets her "Comin' to Jeezus" yesterday.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Tomhusker, May 5, 2011.

1. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    My wife brought home a new puppy over the weekend. I was having a hard time getting her to stop chasing after the chickens the first few days. Yesterday she took out after the top hen of the flock. Bad idea. There is a reason she is at the top of the pecking order. That old girl took to whoopin' that puppy every which way. She was joined by two more before my wife stepped in. I was standing by watching the little thing get a lesson in leaving hens alone.
    I was willing to let it continue a little longer, just to make sure she got the point, but our big ol' Jersey Giant roo was making his way to the area to see what the noise was.

I am pretty sure the chicken chasing issue has been resolved.... [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    That should put an end to the chicken chasing. No more fun and games with the chickens.

3. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    I'm guessing that issue is SOLVED!

Both my dogs are uber interested in my chicks. Send your hen my way so they can both have a good thrashing. You could make some $$$ renting that out.

4. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    [​IMG]

5. MoriahQuilts

MoriahQuilts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    UT
    THAT hen is the real dog whisperer. We need a dog training lesson here too. Spoiled Aussies think everything's a toy.

6. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    I had to chuckle reading this post.... always good when animals can sort ot their own differences. Bet he/she won't do that again for a long while!

7. tadyergey

tadyergey Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2011
    Nokesville, VA
    My Coop
    My labradoodle ended up with a peep in his mouth several weeks ago. since then I am hesitant to let the girls out to free range (we have foxes and coyotes also) or let the mutt inside the fence. Should I try again as they are much bigger now or should I just leave well enough alone?

8. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    Quote:Ditto!

I'll pay for shipping and everything [​IMG]

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    WOW what a hen. Send her here too

10. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    I love this thread! [​IMG] I have an american bulldog who mothers my girls when they're chicks and then tries to engage them in bulldog play when they get bigger (never biting, or being aggressive, just goofy bulldog nonsense). There always comes a day when the little ones grow up - and then they chase her across the yard with seriousness. Just like that, change of dynamics! Gotta love life in the yard! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by