New Puppy...Help us with a name!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickhopeful12, Nov 15, 2010.

1. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Good morning all!

Well for an early birthday present my hubby and kids bought me a daschund/poodle mix. He is very cute and unusual looking so I was hoping for a great and unusual name. Let me know. I already had someone suggest SHREK, because they thought he was the ugliest dog they have ever seen. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please be kind...

In the running so far:

RUGER
    COOPER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks all!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    How cute [​IMG]. I don't think he is ugly. Sorry no help with names.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    He's stinkin' adorable!!! [​IMG] Whoever said he's ugly is a big stupid jerkwad. Because we are outdoorsy and hunters, I vote Ruger. [​IMG] Have fun with your new pooch!! [​IMG]

4. GoldenCometLover

GoldenCometLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    Freeville, NY
    [​IMG] I think he is adorable...what a cute brown nose! I think his face is great! What's his personality? I usually havae my pets a couple days before I figure out their names!

How about Fitzgerald? Fitz or Gerry for short? Oliver? Or MoonPie - as in half moon cookies...half choc/half vanilla, like his face?? [​IMG]

5. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    Looks like a Benji to me. I loved that movie when I was a kid. It is a very cute dog.

6. chickhopeful12

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Quote:Thanks so much. We like Ruger too, but wanted to hear some other ideas. I definitely second the big stupid jerkwad. The guy was harsh.

7. chickhopeful12

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Quote:Some great ones...he is very laid back for a puppy and sweet. Big on kisses. I really never had a hard time naming dogs before, for this one I am stumped. Probably because he was a surprise and I wasn't prepared. [​IMG]

8. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

We think he is as cute as a button!

We like the name Pepper for him because of his coloring and he looks spunky. [​IMG]

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I love him! He's handsome! [​IMG]

It's easy to throw out name suggestions when you can't see the personality of the dog. However, the first name that popped into my head...Obi-Wan Kenobi.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by