New PVC Pipe Baby Playpen...easy to build....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Oct 1, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, So I decided the babies were getting big enough to need to stretch their legs on pretty days. I decided to build a light weight portable "playpen" that could be easily moved around the yard and broken down for storage when not needed. I went with 3/4" thin walled pvc pipe, fittings and used 24" wide plastic fencing and zip ties for the construction. The total cost was under $30.00 and under an hour to build. It is 5' x 5' square and 2' tall. Will be adding a top of same design in a day or so. As you can see our various aged babies love being outside in the sunshine and fresh air.
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wishingbee

wishingbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    SW Washington
    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

(cute chickies, too!)

3. Cherstin

Cherstin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

This is a great idea! Thanks for the pictures ... much easier to comprehend!

4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Awesome idea, love how inexpensive and light weight it is!!! Great idea, thank you [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kimf

kimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Seminole County, FL
    what a fabulous idea.....I have a octagonal "puppy pen" that I was going to use but it weighs a ton and is not easy to move around. I will definately steal this idea. Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

6. cajun Rabbit

cajun Rabbit Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    That is like the temp pen I put our girls in when I first got them home, (had to stall to build tractor a few days). But I found that our 4- week olds will fly(ish) right out the top.
    You don't have that problem with yalls?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by