New quail house

amaurer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Built a new house for my quail. These are valleys with one blue scale at, uhh, 5? maybe 6? weeks.

The outside section is going to get fenced. We kinda just winged it on dimensions, but with the inside and the outside counted we aimed for 3sq ft per bird. We expect our flock to decrease in size a bit as well.

87149_wp_000478.jpg

87149_wp_000479.jpg

87149_wp_000480.jpg

87149_wp_000481.jpg

They seem to really love the extra space, and no one seems to mind the temperature change to the great outdoors.

Need to get the outdoor section fenced up so they can really live large.

Quote:
Haha, yes I think so. Just moving it into position this first time was... well it was difficult for me, but probably amusing as hell for the neighbors.

very nice setup. i think if they are fully feathered and summer is warm for you as it is for most of us that heat lamp can prolly be pulled or turned off.

Quote:
We're keeping on eye on it, provided they seem comfy we'll turn it off.. Where I live (San Fran area) the summers are fairly cool - I'm in the mountains. Its been 70's during the day and mid 50's at night. Normally its warmer than this already but summer is starting late this year.

They don't huddle under the lamp, nor do they pant, so we're just watching them at this point.

Back
Top Bottom