New Quail Mama

txpeach100

Hatching
Jan 1, 2017
hot, humid Houston, Texas
For Christmas, 2 of my sons built me a coop and run and gave me 19 coturnix quail. I had no idea of this before hand. Never having raised any birds, I have tons of questions that I was able to find answers to on your quail forum. Thank you!

We live in Houston, Texas so the coop is outside on the ground. I'm thinking of raising it up somewhat so that it will be easier to clean.

I've been married for 38 years to the same wonderful man and we have 4 grown sons. One is married to a wonderful woman and they are expecting their first child later this month. Whoop! FINALLY going to be a grand mother!

Greetings from Kansas, txpeach, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our our community! Congratulations on your quail. I've never raised them but I know some folks are definitely passionate about them. Best wishes and thanks for joining us!!

welcome-byc.gif

I haven't raised quail but have read some very good articles about them in the Learning Center. Also, there is a forum about them where you can ask questions. I think your idea of raising their coop up off the ground is a good one...anything that helps keep living quarters clean and less work for you is a good idea.

Have fun with your new little ones and congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new quail :clap I hatched and raised some cortunix and they were fab little birds to keep. I'm sure you will enjoy yours very much too.

Wishing you the very best of luck both with your quail and becoming a grandmother :D Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

G’Day from down under txpeach100
frow.gif
Welcome!

Congratulations on becoming a quail momma and soon to be grand momma!
clap.gif

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom