New questions!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jacca5, May 10, 2008.

1. jacca5

jacca5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Hodgenville, KY
    Ok so the eggs that I had given up on in the incubator well one is starting to hatch. We are on day 23 he pipped upside down and I am not sure what to do. Will he be ok? I took it out of the egg carton should I have?

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    If he pipped the small side, then as far as I know, you're supposed to remove him from the carton or he won't get out.

Good luck on the hatch [​IMG]

3. jacca5

Mar 19, 2008
    Hodgenville, KY
    Since last night there has been no change with my little chick. How long will it take it. There is just a little hole in the egg and I can see the beak sticking out. This is my first hatch and I have no idea what to expect. All so there is another that has pipped but didn't break all the way through the shell just popped off but it looks like the thin lining is still there is that normal?

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I've never had one pip the wrong end but have been told they can make it out fine...it can take 24 hours or longer for some chicks to pip and zip out of the shell.....

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Like Tuff said, it could take awhile. Go for a walk and get your mind off it. LOL

6. jacca5

Mar 19, 2008
    Hodgenville, KY
    ok just wanted to let everyone know that is still no change. I am going CRAZY.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by