New Red Golden Pheasant Mom

GabbysMyAgent

Hatching
Sep 13, 2017
Please help me as I am new to these animals
I recently purchased 3 Red Golden Pheasants. 2 male and 1 female. I am not going to breed them due to not knowing their familial history. My female I believe is 2-4yrs old and males same or older. These are the first birds I've ever had so this is a learning experience. I want to learn fast so that they get the best life possible. I have built an enclosure for them along with nesting box so that they can separate if necessary. We also are going to acquire hens eventually if we see that I can handle these 3. All info welcome!

Attachments

• D680F3D5-48A6-4026-ABEB-B13B248618E1.jpg
    D680F3D5-48A6-4026-ABEB-B13B248618E1.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 41
If that is their enclosure you need to read more before you buy birds.These are gamebirds not parakeets,thjey need space to roam and high enough for them to fly up to roost.By the pic you have they are not red goldens,they are dark throated goldens.Well the males are the hen looks to be a red golden.I've attached a pic of my pheasant pens to give you an idea as too how much space they need.Each pen is 6x12x8 and I believe this pic has 11 pens.
In N.H.,Tony.

Attachments

• 100_0746.JPG
    100_0746.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 30
Tony is absolutely right! That enclosure isn't even adequate for parakeets. Wished people would do more research before they purchashed birds/animals.
He's also right, the males are dark throated goldens. Can't really see the hen, so hard to say what she might be...probably dark throated, too.
Here's a pic of my pens, they are 5' wide 30' long and 6' high in the run and 8' high in the sheltered area, 8 pens total. View attachment 1135885
8a6d810b_image3A4665.jpeg
e82c5b1c_image3A4661.jpeg
7d8a135a_image3A4663.jpeg

I have 10 enclosures in this arrangement and 12 other enclosures that are 20' x 24' x 6' containing 4 pens each.
Pheasants need alot of room and plenty of pheasant furniture.

It is simply the cage they were in when the auction house acquired them. I did do research and like everyone on here you have to start somewhere but with people like you how is anyone suppose to start acquiring any animal. I wish people like you would ask more questions before passing judgment and making rude comments.

It is simply the cage they were in when the auction house acquired them. I did do research and like everyone on here you have to start somewhere but with people like you how is anyone suppose to start acquiring any animal. I wish people like you would ask more questions before passing judgment and making rude comments.
Sorry if you think I was being rude,but people seem to buy birds on a whim and bring them home and don't know anything about them.You stated you built them an enclosure and then you posted the pic.Sorry for being stupid I though that was the enclosure you were talking about as you never gave a description,so I assumed that was their new home.
If you are looking for help,I will try my best,but I will also tell the way I feel on the subject,so if you can't take critisim along with the help then let me know and I will not respond to your ?'s
And I'm sure there are a few people on here read it the same way I did.
In N.H.,Tony.

Sorry if you think I was being rude,but people seem to buy birds on a whim and bring them home and don't know anything about them.You stated you built them an enclosure and then you posted the pic.Sorry for being stupid I though that was the enclosure you were talking about as you never gave a description,so I assumed that was their new home.
If you are looking for help,I will try my best,but I will also tell the way I feel on the subject,so if you can't take critisim along with the help then let me know and I will not respond to your ?'s
And I'm sure there are a few people on here read it the same way I did.
In N.H.,Tony.
Amen, Tony!

Back
Top Bottom