New Ringneck

Savannah Hayley

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
I'm getting a new Ringneck dove today and I have to go to work for a couple days and will not be back home til Wednesday.(3 days from now) I have an unused chicken coop outside that I could house the new dove in until I get back but I'm worried about doing that because of two things.
First, there is a cat that's been hanging around my house and I'm afraid it may be able to get into the coop even though it's pretty cat proof. There are also several dogs that might be able to dig under the walls. The coop has a dirt floor.

Second, can doves survive 60-55 degree nights? That's the temp. it's going to be the nights I'm gone.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Ring neck doves can take temps below zero . We now have feral populations in IL. They tend to stay in town . I suspect because of bird feeders .

I'm getting a new Ringneck dove today and I have to go to work for a couple days and will not be back home til Wednesday.(3 days from now) I have an unused chicken coop outside that I could house the new dove in until I get back but I'm worried about doing that because of two things.
First, there is a cat that's been hanging around my house and I'm afraid it may be able to get into the coop even though it's pretty cat proof. There are also several dogs that might be able to dig under the walls. The coop has a dirt floor.

Second, can doves survive 60-55 degree nights? That's the temp. it's going to be the nights I'm gone.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png
Wait till you get back to get the dove. Or get a friend to look after it.

That cat will probably get the dove if you are away.

Also if they dove has been used to living indoors. and you put it outside into cold temperatures it will shock it and it could die.

Back
Top Bottom