1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New roo on the block (not chopping block) Any ideas as what he can be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NatureBoy86, Oct 18, 2011.

1. NatureBoy86

NatureBoy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    South Florida
    [​IMG]
    This lil guys been roaming around the fence of my property for last 3 days, my two neighbors dont have any chickens and the next nearest house is a qtr of mile away. He managed to get into my yard today and TRIED to bully my 9lb Buff Orpington, needless to say it was a fruitless endeavor lol. I decided to adopt him so I got him in quarantine but wondering what he might be. Hes got feather kinda like a ponytail coming from just behind his crest. Any guesses???

2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    I'm guessing this was the wrong picture?[​IMG]

3. NatureBoy86

Sep 29, 2011
    South Florida
    [​IMG]
    Here we go

4. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    It's amazing what can find you. We live in a suburb of Austin and a guinea fowl made it's way to our chicken coop. It must have heard the rooster. It stayed for the food. It's been here for months and I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. I'd try to worm your new guy somehow, who knows what kind of critters it's carrying along.

5. NatureBoy86

Sep 29, 2011
    South Florida
    Quote:Lol idk what happened. Im brand new to all this and doing it from my phone isnt helping [​IMG]

6. NatureBoy86

Sep 29, 2011
    South Florida
    Quote:Sweeet!! Guinea sounds like hes no fool, Im sure he knows a good home when he found one. Im def. Deworming and going about all the quarantine steps. Hes in real good shape. Named him The Wonderer [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like a young Gamecock of sorts. That or a Game cross.

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

9. NatureBoy86

Sep 29, 2011
    South Florida
    Thanks for the replies my fellow fowl friends [​IMG]
    Lothirial- I read about your buzzy, I send my deepest condolences. She reminds me of a mixed BR I had named mama, she was the best momma hen EVER that Ive had. She as well is up in heaven hanging with buzzy im sure! Remember she lives on thru you, and she'll be waiting for you at the gates.

10. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by