1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New Roo!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by segeine, Sep 2, 2014.

1. segeine

segeine In the Brooder

May 25, 2014
    OK, so we went to the state fair and bought 2 hens and a rooster. Why we didn't just get normal stuff like fried oreos and some random "As Seen on TV" thing, I have no idea. Anyway, I can't remember what breed the roo is (the hens are leghorn, so we get a few white eggs, along with brown and blue, and a barred rock) and I'd sort of like to know what he is. Any guesses?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    He looks like some sort of gamebird mix to me. Whatever he is, he's a handsome rooster!

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    Probably Old English Game or American Game mix.

4. I agree, Game bantam mix.

5. segeine

segeine In the Brooder

May 25, 2014
    Thanks for the info! He seems to be fairly well behaved - we introduced him to his ladies this afternoon, and he got along with them well. (Particularly the new leghorn...*blush.*) He pretty much ignores all the people in the family, or actively tries to avoid us.
    The 4AM wake up calls are a bear, though! :)

6. segeine

segeine In the Brooder

May 25, 2014
    I took some new pictures of him yesterday, and I thought I'd share them, just because I'm pleased with how they came out. By the way - he's the same size as the standard hens, so that means he's not a bantam, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: