New roost pics(Thanks for the ideas)

Fancypants4569

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 10, 2008
Prineville, Oregon
Well, DH is off hunting so no better time to sneak into his tools and do a project
smile.png
Ive been looking here for different ideas for roosts. I had an angled one, but every night all the chickens where pushing and shoving for the top roost, some gave up and roosted someplace in the run and I dont want that. I would like to see everyone happy when its time for them to roost (Picky, spoiled chickens!) So here are some pics of me and one of the twins puttin the new roost together. Let me know what ya all think and hopefully by tonight all the chicky's will be sleeping peacefully. Ill up date when I go check on them tonight.
19641_104_0068.jpg

19641_104_0069.jpg

19641_104_0072.jpg

19641_104_0073.jpg

19641_104_0074.jpg

Thank you for all the ideas and pics that people post !!! With out you Id still be afriad to use power tools!!! LOL!!!

Holy cow, how many chickens do you have? That is alot of roost space. Wonderful job! BRAVO ! !
thumbsup.gif

Do you have cardboard on the walls? I was thinking of using that on the walls of one of my coops. Do you have any problems with it?

Well, they didnt get the hang of the new roost last night. Went out and they were looking up and I could tell by the look in their eye's they were saying "How the heck am I suppose to get up there." So we had to take all of them and put them up there. I sure hope they get the hang of the ladder....
And yes I used coragated cardbourd to insulate. We had a bunch of boxes from moving and didnt really have the money for buying insulation for the chicken house. So I figured Id try out the boxes. Im amazed at how well it did work. I still have a little bit to finish, but there is little drafts now and when I walk in it actually feels alot warmer than it is outside.
I have 29 chickens, and maybe plan to add a few more here and there
wink.png
So I wanted to make a roost big enough so I didnt have to mess with it later. Any way, the pics are from last night when I went to check on them, and my daughter and I tucking them in for the night, since they werent figuring out the ladder.

19641_104_0087.jpg

19641_104_0092.jpg

Back
Top Bottom