New Rooster - Pictures for Comparison

teamsunbelt

Songster
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Midland, NC
I just got a new rooster. He is on quantine for mites right now. The hens like hime and he is raring to go.

I know he is a Wyandotee, but not sure if he is Splash or what.

Could you post some pics of your roosters for comparison. I will add pictures of him when he comes out of sick bay.

A few shots of the Rooster. Sorry they are sideways, used my kids iPod.

93129_img_0285.jpg

93129_img_0284.jpg

93129_img_0283.jpg

93129_img_0282.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Quote:
Not puttung him down, but he lookls like a bad Silver Laced to me. Maybe mixed with Columbian. Pretty though.

Last edited:
There were two of these at the auction. I missed out on the best one. He seems to be very attentive to the hens. I do not have a breed specific flock at this time, so a little mix isn't all that bad.

You know sometimes the prettiest chicks are from cross breeding. If you're wanting to breed from him, I'd say go ahead and do it.

Kepp us posted if you do hatch some eggs that he had made fertile.

Last edited:
A few better pictures, straight this time. We named him "Carlos". He will not eat out of your hand, but he does not put up much of a fight we you catch him. He is doing real well with the hens. Of course, his alarm clock is off a little.

93129_photo4.jpg

93129_photo3.jpg

93129_photo2.jpg

93129_photo.jpg

I don't know anything about Wyandottes, but for a roo, I think he looks pretty cool. The important thing is how he treats your ladies.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom