1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new roosters,help me pick the best ones..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by naightengale, Sep 4, 2013.

1. naightengale

naightengale Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    theres 1 blue laced red wayonette,(will prob keep him since hes the only one) and the rest are suppost to be black copper marans....some are young some are 2yo. i also have some chicks that i think are roos (FBCM) that have the feathered feet. should i hold out for them to get bigger or keep the best one of this bunch??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also as for the hens of BCM which is better totally black or with the copper neck??

2. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    There is a specific Marans thread on this board that might be a better place to post this, since you're looking for the Marans experts and it's an important decision. Me--I haven't a clue, sorry.

3. naightengale

naightengale Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    i know but i was scared they wouldnt like a noob butting in on a bunch of pros.

4. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    No way! BYCers are great, and the breed folks want to help people breed better Marans. No one want to see lots of poorly bred birds around. I've posted a question or two over there and I'm a total Marans newbie, and they were helpful. Give them a try--I bet they'll be thrilled that a newcomer to the breed is trying to do it right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by