New Run being built

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Georgiagirl, May 1, 2009.

1. Georgiagirl

Georgiagirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Well after loosing all my chicks a couple of weeks ago we are having a chainlink fence installed for the run. Yeah!!!!!!!!
    I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler to deter any unwanted visitors near the coop & run?[​IMG]

2. mygor

mygor Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2009
    Mount Perry , Ohio
    No! But that is an interesting idea. I use a 12 volt fence charger and wire to keep the predators at bay. I hope to add a solar panel to it this summer so it won't cost much to maintain.

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    I havn't used one...I have looked into getting one.... I think it would be a great deterrent...

Please Keep us posted... [​IMG]

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I never used one, but I will be very happy to see yours if you decided to install one, are you going to put some other small fence at the bottem of the chinklinck fence?

5. Georgiagirl

Georgiagirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2009
    Georgia
    I definately will put hardware cloth around the base of the fence. Underground I will put chicken wire around the perimeter. I will also place wire across the top. Still thinking about the electric fence. Just don't know how to put one in. That's why I was thinking of the "Scarecrow water" method.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by