1. road island

road island New Egg

Mar 28, 2011
    I have 15 chickens and a 6 by 8 coop,a 96 square foot run,and want more space and more chickens. Does anyone have any ideas for a new run to add on and some roost poles to put in it somewhere. If you have any pictures or ideas please let me know. Thanks.

2. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    can you post some pics? going by what most here will tell you is a minimum 4 sq feet per bird inside and 10 sq ft per bird outside, you're undersized already on the run, and maxed out inside! maybe you could just add three more sides to what you have for a run now, attach it to one side, open a 'door' through the wire that would divide it. that way, when you get more birds, they'll be separate, but can see each other. i built my new one last week with dividers and a removable door in the middle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    Any pictures of your set-up? Hard to offer suggestions when we can't visualize what you have to work with.

4. road island

road island New Egg

Mar 28, 2011
    I know im alittle tight on space,and i love the idea for the run,but i was thinking about putting a type of roof and some roost poles for another coop type thing. Ill cover it up with something in the winter where it isnt too cold,and Ill put some nest boxes too.Does that sound good?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by