New Runs/pens

Ahh,,the old post hole digging,and sakrete.I'm getting blisters on my hands now looking at your picture.!! I hand dug with a post hoe digger every posthole on the east side pens I made,and that number of holes handdug was 30. Please do regular updates as I did,you really don't know how much you have accomplished until it's completed.You work and work,day after day,buy this,forget and have to buy that,,which after many days time seems your spinning your wheels. I learned a lot from building my East side addition aviary and will make the necessary changes when Pea Palace West Side addition starts in March here,weather permitting.I'm wanting to build another 50x50 aviary but with only 4-6 large pens,compared to the 10 breeding pens under the east side 50x50 avairy on the east side I have now.One biggy that will save me a lot of time and cost is using deer sight barrier,instead of metal along the bottom of each pen.Using heavy gauge baling wire instead of cable to hold the top netting up will be another easy way to get a lot done very fast here.

What the? I'm in -25 degree weather, and you're digging holes? :lol: I'd be happy enough with no snow right now, but the four feet that I do have ain't goin anywhere fast!

Ahh,,the old post hole digging,and sakrete.I'm getting blisters on my hands now looking at your picture.!! I hand dug with a post hoe digger every post hole on the east side pens I made,and that number of holes handdug was 30. Please do regular updates as I did,you really don't know how much you have accomplished until it's completed.You work and work,day after day,buy this,forget and have to buy that,,which after many days time seems your spinning your wheels. I learned a lot from building my East side addition aviary and will make the necessary changes when Pea Palace West Side addition starts in March here,weather permitting.I'm wanting to build another 50x50 aviary but with only 4-6 large pens,compared to the 10 breeding pens under the east side 50x50 avairy on the east side I have now.One biggy that will save me a lot of time and cost is using deer sight barrier,instead of metal along the bottom of each pen.Using heavy gauge baling wire instead of cable to hold the top netting up will be another easy way to get a lot done very fast here.
Frenchy you don't have a tractor with an auger? Lord I would be post hole dead without my auger around here.

No modern conveniences like a post hole digger behind a tractor,,,100% sweat equity here for sure. I can dig a 26" deep hole in about 4 minutes,,don't take too long, as the black prarie topsoil dirt digs easy until you get down to the clay which is at about 30"s or so.

All we got it clay here, stuff is like concrete when it is dry
, Deep wet clay reminds me of modeling clay
you can mold it shape it but it dries like concrete and cracks but hard as heck to spread

We have a auger but hubby said to many roots so i have a guy doing the work.

Back
Top Bottom