New. saying hello

koakureiryoko

Hatching
Feb 23, 2015
Florida
hello I am new to this thread. I am also new to having chicken. I have three black Australorp chicks. There about a week old. Can't wait for them to grow up and start laying eggs.

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm so glad you joined our wonderful community!

You've picked out a really nice breed, that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Australorps are well known for docile temperaments and great egg production. In a couple of months, you should be getting lots of eggs!
smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wyandottes X2. Australorps are such a sweet breed to keep! They were all I kept when I first started with chickens. And they are still my favorites. Very docile, friendly and they make wonderful lap warmers!!

If you have any questions about your new babies along the way, feel free to ask us. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BAs.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I heard so many good things about Black Australorps, you have made a great decision in getting some.

Back
Top Bottom