New shed

Shorty22366

Songster
Jan 1, 2018
Hobgood, North Carolina
I am buying my babies a new house. It will be 12x16 and built to my specifications. I was wonder if I put wimdows in the front and in the rear walls and ventilation. I am going to put lots of nesting boxes and roosts. I have 32 babies now but hoping to have chicks. Please let me know all you thoughts and what would you do.

Windows are good. Lets in much needed light. Make sure u put in ventilation. As far as nest boxes figure 3-4 birds per box depending on bird size.

I am buying my babies a new house. It will be 12x16 and built to my specifications. I was wonder if I put wimdows in the front and in the rear walls and ventilation. I am going to put lots of nesting boxes and roosts. I have 32 babies now but hoping to have chicks. Please let me know all you thoughts and what would you do.
Where are you? Is it hot or cold or ? Ventilation is important anyway, but whether you are keeping out the sun or the snow makes a difference in where the ventilation may be more effective.

What style shed are you planning on getting built? I'm guessing by your temps and snow, you must be in south central NC, like me, I'm just north of Charlotte.

If your going 12 x 16 for the coop, I would seriously consider a Woods coop. You will have great ventilation, light and a nice looking structure. Also the front should face south with this coop. If it's a shed company building your shed, I'm sure they won't build this for you though, they want quick, easy and nothing to think about.

I built an 8 x 12 lean to coop, front and back sofits are open for ventilation covered in 1/2" hardware cloth and I have four 24 x 24 windows.

What style shed are you planning on getting built? I'm guessing by your temps and snow, you must be in south central NC, like me, I'm just north of Charlotte.

If your going 12 x 16 for the coop, I would seriously consider a Woods coop. You will have great ventilation, light and a nice looking structure. Also the front should face south with this coop. If it's a shed company building your shed, I'm sure they won't build this for you though, they want quick, easy and nothing to think about.

I built an 8 x 12 lean to coop, front and back sofits are open for ventilation covered in 1/2" hardware cloth and I have four 24 x 24 windows.
I am going with woods. They will build it anyway I want it. I was wondering if I should put ventilation at top and bottom. I live in Hobgood NC.

Back
Top Bottom