1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New show pens!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by joe17, Nov 2, 2011.

1. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Here are my pens that I put my show birds in! I have 15 of em. 6 sq ft each
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG]

3. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    looking great wish i had pens like that

4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Nice set up but do they stay in there all day and night or do they just go in at night? I would think it would be hard to get each on in it's pen every night.

I am not one who could cage an aminal like that. I would have to have an opening for the bird to go out.

5. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:these are show contioning cages they stay in then to keep in good condition for show silkies realy dont do well out side any ways do to there top knots and beard

6. VI KING RANCH

VI KING RANCH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Pretty pens...I mean birds [​IMG]

7. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Quote:Like chickendale said, these are show conditioning cages. They don't live in them their whole life, just a few months. Better them get used of this cage now then having them stress out in the even smaller cages at the show. I let them out a few hours during the day though in a playpen when it isn't raining. You have to also realize these are silkies. They aren't big and flighty. If I see one stressing out and pacing, I'll let em go in the bigger breeding pens.

8. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    WOW![​IMG] someday I'll be there:D

9. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I want to build something like that for my chickens! Except make it big enough for at least 4 standard sized chickens. Maybe I can do something like that on one side of my coop and do the roosting ladder on the other. [​IMG]

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Lookin good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by