1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Showgirl chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by verthandi, Nov 30, 2007.

1. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Thanks to the kindness of a friend, I now have two new partridge showgirl chicks. I am sure most will excuse the poop butt [​IMG] it's all cleaned up now, just misplaced residue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Are their eyes larger than other breeds or is it just the pic? They are pretty cute!

3. verthandi

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Their eyes are larger than my Polish chicks, but they also have dark feathers like mascara around their eyes. The thing that always surprises me with the showgirl chicks is that their beak and feet are dark olive green for a while.

4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Wow! they are soooooo adorable !! [​IMG]

Lisa

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    How cute are they!!!
    Adorable little fluff balls!

6. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    ohmygosh, did you hatch them or get them as babies, I have one like that but it's a grey, red skinned from Dipsy here....I luv these pics

7. verthandi

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:I hatched out a test clutch for the owner of the showgirls this summer with heart wrenching results. Only three hatched, two with legs twisted at the hip. One of the twisted leg ones is still with me, and a little cockeral that is normal and a hoot.

The owner of the showgirls gave me these two this week. And I so thank her, it does my heart good to see them actually playing like regular chicks. Hopeful to hatch a few next summer. What was I thinking? brooding chicks in Maine in the winter time? They spent last night in my bedroom, that's got to change! They were more fun than watching tv though.

8. Oh! They are little darlings!

I think EVERYONE should have a Naked Neck (or two or twenty-two...).

[​IMG]

9. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    They are soooo cute. I have heard of them but never seen one. I'll have to get some!

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Wow, their eyes got my attention first too, they are really little flirts aren't they?! Cutie pies!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by