1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New Showgirl Coop and Pen

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Just finished the new coop and run for my three Showgirls. i used our Chick-n-barn, which was one of the first coops i ever bought. i think all my chickens have used it at one point. i really wanted to paint it yellow and white, but don't have the energy now - maybe in the Spring.

We put legs on the chick-n-barn to allow roaming room underneath, installed hardware cloth and a floor. i then put a sheet of linoleum inside, for easy cleaning.

The run is your standard 5' wide x 10' long x 4' high dog kennel, which i covered with 1/2" hardware cloth. Then i attached it to the barn with pieces of hardware cloth, cable ties, and a staple gun. We have it on our patio and extending under our kitchen window. i wanted it there so i could watch them while i had my coffee in the morning and at other times during the day.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Songster

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    very nice :]

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG]

4. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    looks good.

5. birdlover

birdlover Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I LIKE it...and I LOVE your showgirls!!! [​IMG]

6. lichick28

lichick28 Songster

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    Very nice coop & birds. Best of luck

7. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Nice Coop! It looks so clean....... I love the showgirls!

8. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop and run [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: