New Silkie came with a friend what is it?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4acresNachick, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 4acresNachick

4acresNachick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I went to pick up a 5 month old silkie pullet (hopefully) and the person selling the silkie told me how this one and the silkie were always together and sure enough when we went into the coop the silkie and this beautiful girl(?) were side by side off to one side, so of course I took both and now I need to know what she(he?) is? the person said when she ordered chicks this year this one was one of the 4 extra chicks she got so she wasn't sure but maybe a Mille Fleur (?on spelling) so anyone know? Feathered feet that are a light yellow red on the head, 5months old

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Bantam dark brahma if she has a pea comb.

3. 4acresNachick

Apr 17, 2011
    No visible comb. Just the pinkish area seen in the pic. But maybe she is younger then I was told? I dont know enough yet to tell. Such a newbie:)

4. phasian

phasian Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Oregon
    x2; but both LF & Bantams have pea combs. If she is around the same size as your Silkie (& the same age) then she is a bantam. A LF at 5 months would be substantially larger than the Silkie....

5. 4acresNachick

Apr 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    here is another shot, still not great, I'll try for a close up of the face next time

6. Frizzle Farmer

Frizzle Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Calhan, CO
    I would say Silver Penciled Cochin Bantam

7. 4acresNachick

Apr 17, 2011
    Newness showing again what is LF? and here is one more pic
    here she is with her Silkie friends
    [​IMG]

8. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:LF is large fowl. Since she is smaller than the silkies I'd say she's definately a bantam dark brahma then, LF brahmas are huge. [​IMG]

9. 4acresNachick

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks! She is a she then? That's good, I have no plans to be a breeder or anything but I already have a Silkie that I believe to be a cockerel that i plan on keeping as the only male in my motley crew.

10. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Looks like a girl to me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by