new silkie chicks and couch chicks, pics

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
i have 2 hens that like to double up on the sitting thing, i try to controll the amt of eggs, as all will lay by them, i thought it was to early yet but checked today and found 6 new chicks, on the top shelf, {not good} and one mad momma on the floor calling them while hen number 2 still sat, i took them down and she attacked me, {normal} so i set up food and water for them all inside, the other hen is still on a few eggs, i was lucky to get some pics ,
44782_000_0029.jpg

44782_new_1.jpg

heres my house peeps, their mom wouldnt get off the nest, they followed the roo outside, and he tried but couldnt keep them warm at night,
44782_house_babys.jpg

44782_couch_chicks.jpg

thry had fun pecking the green lights on my laptop, and playing with the camera cord, i also have 4 pheasant chicks in the house, i just lost my best freind of eight yrs, my cattle dog and herdmaster of the chickens, these little guys try to help the best they can,
juliet

help! they scream if i dont let them be with me, its killing me, its 10 pm and they should be in bed. i have spoiled chicks, i love them but they need to go to bed,. they want to sleep on me, they make the pheasant chicks make noise, and i know the gamebirds need rest, i need to get them with the broody hen if i can, the mean one has 6 new chicks. but the other is still sitting on 6 eggs., i thought i could put these guys with her in a few days and fool her.
juliet

their nuts, i have 2 chicks on me its to late, i put them up and they scream, i think i ruined them, i miss my dog so bad i cry with the chicks, i cant get them to sleep. i guess im just venting, i will get them to bed, i love em all,
sorry for the trouble all,
juliet

hit.gif
Sorry to hear about your dog, I know how you feel I lost my Nykky last sat. They are such a part of your life. They are over the
Rainbow Bridge now. RIP

Congrats on the new chicks, they are sweet.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom