New silkie flock :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by peeps7, Jan 10, 2011.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Hello all, I thought I would show off my teenage silkie flock I have growing out [​IMG] They are about 12 weeks old and already have MASSIVE crests and foot feathering. This is my new adventure to go with my established flocks of seramas, millie cochins, and blue mottled cochins. I am very excited to see these guys in 6 months when they are completely filled out, they aren't gonna be able to see, hehe. [​IMG] I'm going to get some more pics of foot feathering, head crests, etc in a little while. How are they looking at 12 weeks of age?

[​IMG]

2. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty birds. I love silkies. I wish I could have one,lol. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    AWWWWW - I love silkies, especially mine!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

precious cuties you have there

4. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Quote:They are beautiful!!!! Who did you get them from? Where did your original stock come from? They are VERY well feathered for only 12 weeks! Are you planning to show them? I'll bet they will be winners!!!

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Featherbaby: My original stock came from a man here in NC that I have done business with before, he is just a backyard chicken man who raises chickens for pleasure and enjoyment. I jumped at the chance to buy his silkies and now these guys are just fabulous. I do plan on showing once they are older, I am very excited to see how they place. [​IMG] I just love silkies, they are absolutly adorable to watch and such good broody mamas. [​IMG]

6. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Some feathering pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Please excuse the serama chicks, hehe, they had to be part of it somewhere)

7. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ha ha,I love those seramas. [​IMG] [​IMG] I have a thing for them too. [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Gorgeous Silkies!

9. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] your babies are looking great

10. peeps7