New Silkie hatch on Saturday ***pics***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spowell, Oct 4, 2011.

1. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I had these little guys hatch on Saturday 10/01/11

[​IMG]
    My "Zoe" thinks she is the momma.

[​IMG]
    Buff Silkie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blue or Splash Silkie. He is the color of Sterling Silver. Please let it be a splash [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 partridge and a buff

[​IMG]
    I think this ones going to be blue...[​IMG]

My first hatch seems to have gone pretty good. I am so pleased [​IMG] I can't wait to hatch out some more [​IMG]

2. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Who hatched first? The chick or Zoe? They are all cute![​IMG]

3. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute!
    Congratz [​IMG]

4. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

my silkies are hatching right now..well I have my first pip anyway..this is my first time having silkies...can't wait...yours are so fat and fluffy...I am also excited to see all the colors that hatch...I have white, blue, black, splash, and partridge eggs in there...how many of yours hatched? your own eggs or shipped?

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Aw, they're all so adorable. I love the picture with Zoe [​IMG] Congrats on a great hatch [​IMG]

6. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I had shipped eggs and I got about 55% hatch rate. [​IMG] But, this was my very first hatch and the incubator stayed open more than it stayed closed. I had to candle them all the time because I wanted to see what they were looking like. So.... all in all, I think I did very well [​IMG] I have in my second batch now for 5 days and haven't opened it except to add more eggs [​IMG] I'm showing so much restraint. [​IMG]

Oh ..... talk about excited about colors... I sat in front of the bator to watch almost everyone hatch (33 hatched). I was looking for what color and if the had a vaulted head [​IMG] I wasn't at all obsessed [​IMG]

Good luck with yours [​IMG]

7. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:Thanks.. Zoe loves anything with fur or feathers. Her favorite playmate is our Ferret. But she sure loves the peeps. She thinks they are her own personal squeekie toys [​IMG]

8. Lynndaybrown

Lynndaybrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Maryland
    They are so cute! Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by