New silkie! Isn't she cute?

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
22826_000_0002.jpg

I picked up this little silkie yesterday. I haven't named her yet. Isn't she cute? Last month my little black 3yr. old silkie died of cancer. When I saw this little girl I couldn't resist.

AWWW.. It looks like she is a Partridge Silkie. An unusual color in chickendom. Good luck w/ her! I have a bearded blue and a white silkie. I used to have a black roo and a blue roo, but I had to give them away due to the most hated chicken law in history: No Roosters allowed. This is how the confersation went:

Me: "Mom, can we keep Skippy and Bluebell?" (the roos)
Mom: "No, it's illegal and they are loud!"
Me: "Aww, c'mon! All the neighbors have roosters! You never let me keep roosters!"

Haha, I think the girls are a lot happier w/out them, but I hear the boys are doing fine at their new home. The irony is the boys were really good show quality, and the girls are, shall we say, not. But you gotta love 'em.

Mama to-
2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Silkies, 2 Modern Game Banties, 1 Black Sumatra, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Bearded Buff Laced Polish, and 1 Birchen OEG banty, 1 horse (soon to be 2) 3 cats, 1 dog, and several fish.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom