New Silkie Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JaydedLeigh, May 4, 2017.

1. JaydedLeigh

JaydedLeigh New Egg

May 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi all, my name is Jennifer Tucker, born and raised in Texas. Had tons of pets, farm animals growing up but only had dogs and cats along with 4 daughters since becoming an Adult.. I've since branched into goldfish, stupid things IMO.. And since we are big egg eaters I wanted chickens, so we got a couple Americana and one turkey that sadly won't make it past Thanksgiving. Anyhow that leads me up to about a month ago I ran across these pictures of Silkies.. and OMG I fell in love, found a lady that is local (well in Texas it was a 2 1/2 hr drive there and another 2 1/2 hr drive back). But I got myself 10 babies. 2 died within the first 4 days and I panicked educated myself about Corid and Cocci and medicated the whole batch including the Turkey and Americanas. All of them are better no more bloody poop. Feeding everyone medicated chick starter. I have 6 baby silkies that are 4 weeks old and 2 that are 6 weeks old. Assorted colors. 3 of them looked like a black or gray(blue) when they were first hatched. 3 of them looked exactly like the pics of partridge chicks ( however 2 are showing blue colorings now? maybe a blue partridge? and the third is a bright orange but still has the partridge markings). I'll attach pics I've taken over the weeks. I'm open to tips and would love any advice or links to help for me be successful at raising the cute little bundles of personality.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jennifer [​IMG] Welcome & Congratulations!

Oh Wow .. cuteness overload!

I am sorry to hear that you lost a couple but good job on catching onto the Cocci and treating them.

This is a link to the Silkie Thread which you might enjoy and on which you should get answers to all your Silkie questions: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already from Teila, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by