new silkie pictures-

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 19maycraft, Jan 24, 2008.

1. 19maycraft

19maycraft Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Smithfield, NC
    Well, After a few weeks, things are going well with the girls....I have been bringing them table scraps sometimes, and they are a hoot to watch....They dont seem to go into the closed in hutch part of my Hen house...they like to pile up in the corner...Hopefully when they start laying, they will lay in the nice laying boxes that I made..at this point if they lay on the ground I guess that will be ok as well, just really longing for some eggs....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    19maycraft your silkies are very pretty [​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Mmmmmm-weiners!!!! those are pretty silkies! are they colored buff or is that partridge? or red?[​IMG]

4. elliemb

elliemb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Maycraft your silkies look great! I love buff coloured birds! I find that if I leave my waterer directly on the floor they tend to kick straw in it with all their carrying on, so I take a couple of short pieces of two by four or any scrap wood and put it up on that. They will easily be able to reach and the water stays cleaner. Good luck getting them to lay in the nest boxes![​IMG]

5. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Thanks for sharing. I have buff silkies coming March 3. Hope they are as beautiful as yours!!!

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I think my chickens would shake their little heads over those hot dog pieces, but the mac n cheese would gone in nanno seconds.

You chickens are CUTE. [​IMG]

7. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I was very excited when I saw you had posted! [​IMG] They look so happy and healthy! I hope they lay for you soon! The two girls I have left from that August batch haven't given me any either [​IMG]

8. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    my polish eat hotdogs too there gone so fast

9. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Very nice birds, looks like one heck of a breakfast spread.

10. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Your chickens look awesome. I love Silkies, though I never had the pleasure of even seeing one up close!

My chickens turn their noses up at tomatoes, unless they are destroying them right off the vine (we no longer have tomatoes bc of this reason!). I may have to try hot dogs though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by