new silkies and seramas(pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by therealsilkiechick, Feb 19, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i'm so eggcited!!! tomarrow my eggs from webb acres will be going into the hatcher! these are my first hatch this year, my first seramas and my first eggs from lydia to add a new bloodline to my flock!!! [​IMG]

she sent 12 silkies and 6 seramas with excellent packing none broke. on day 7 i candled and 5 viable seramas and 10 viable silkies. [​IMG] tomarrow i will recandle before going into the hatcher. the next day will be silkies and showgirls from my birds!! i'll have to update on them after i candle them i can't remember how many is in.

keep ur [​IMG] for a great hatch for us this is also our first hatch with the new sportsmans. this is gonna be a long 3 days,lol. i'll post lots of pics after they hatch for ya all to see. total i think i have 103 eggs in now but they are speratic hatches over the next 3 weeks. i have in silkies, seramas, showgirls, rir, orps, buff orps i think that's all the breeds most are silkies,lol
    silkie

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] hoping it goes great for you !

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Hope you have a good hatch. Shipped eggs are just unpredictable aren't they. I have eggs from Lydia shipped to me same state took one day and out of 14 I only have five developing. I sure hope all of mine are pullets. I have three nice white hens from Webbacres and a blue hen.
    I'll be watching for the hatching pics.

4. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Good luck. Keep us updated.

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Good luck, hope you have a great hatch. Nice site and chickens by the way.

Marie

6. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks i can't wait!! i can't believe they made it here to pa with none broke let alone fertility that high!! [​IMG] we have 2 sportsmans now so hpefully it will help increase hatch rates they don't flux like the foam ones do.

thanks marie, hey u'll have to pm me on here cause ur pm's on picturetrail are not comeing through now for some reason.

will keep ya posted we forgot to candle this am but they are in the hatcher!!
    silkie

7. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    well i had a little surprise today,lol. my friend had a black silkie hen in with a white showgirl roo. dh went to go feed everyone today and heard peeping. way to cold to hatch outside here so he found this and 4 eggs under her. he brought them all home and the rest are in the hatcher. so i got one little peep to spoil now,lol.

i'm curious as to how it will look when older color wise and if the others hatch showgirls or silkies.

[​IMG]

8. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    here is a few pics of my 2 other brooder babies in another brooder, i got them from muddler6. they are a black and a splash bantam frizzled cochins they are both boys a little over 3 weeks old now.

[​IMG]
    the day i got them

[​IMG]
    tonight. look how much they have grown already!!

9. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    well we just candled again since we had to put more in the hatcher from my birds,lol. lydia's seramas all 5 still good!! her silkies still good but down a buff. we cracked it open baby tried to grow but it apears yolk was scrambled from shipping and died not long after started so down to 8 for them and doing good.

my friend i posted a pic of his baby above 6 eggs all clear looks like winter hit to hard for them outside and this baby was lucky to make it!

we have from our girls in 12 eggs both silkies and showgirls all 12 looking good!! on day 7 for these we took out 1 clear.

10. riderken

riderken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    howdy from NW Mo. i have a question . an excuse me i have a lot to learn i figure the best way is to ask any one out there Ken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by