New Silkies, but what color are we??? PICS!!! Better pics!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bald k9, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Hello ,I picked these 2 up today at the feed and seed, I have other silkies coming on the 14th, but these I seen and just had to have them, ugly,but cute!!!!adorable!! anywho I know they are silkies but what color? they both are the same color, they are kinda grayishon head chest and undercarriage, and brownish chipmunk like on the back, anybody have a clue as to what color these are called? oh and they lost the feathers on their neck,looks odd ,will it grow back? thanks for the info!! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    those are showgirl silkies- silkies with naked necks. it looks a bit odd, but you'll get used to it. they may be red or partridge... can you post some better pics? yurs aren't too clear no offense.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Could be a grey or partridge...and those are called, "Show girls"--no their feathers don't grow back! [​IMG]

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I would also say gray or partridge, and you will love the showgirls. They are my favorite!

5. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Quote:No offense taken let me try to get a better shot ,I have to use my webcam to take pic ! does any one have a pic of these as an adult? thanks again , let me try to get a pic i will be right back

6. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    This is the same bird, just different pics at different ages. The one with the roo is her older pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Sophie, our favorite girl. She is a sweetheart!
    [​IMG]

The Lav's are not adults yet, but they are about 4-5 months old and still maturing. So, they have alot of filling in to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    the first pic, can you take a closer pic of the wings....
    when they grow up they'll have a look to match your dog...

8. Paaz1120

Paaz1120 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    They look like they are and will be silver. They have the partidge pattern on their wings but silver color.

I have a Beautiful Silver chick out of my Partridge Hen and white Rooster. The color is amazing!

Yours are beautiful!!

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:In silkies, that is called grey, not silver [​IMG]

10. Hi! They kind of look like frizzled Naked Necks from here --- like these two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by