New Snake Pics!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by theOEGBman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Hello Everyone,

I took my newest snake out today and took a few pics. The quality is terrible because its my brother video camera. I broke my other one accidentally, and Im having withdrawls,lol. Anyways, here is Dawson!

(This one was taken outside, so its way too bright.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(This pic is terrible, but it shows you how long he is. That is a pen next to him.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous corn. What morph is that?

3. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Ugh! Somebody get the hoe!
    (shivers here) Somebody got to love them, cause I don't!
    Hey, have a funny story for you...
    I am a ministers wife, I was also a ministers daughter. Our family was invited over for supper one night to some new church members house...we went, all smiles, just like babes to the slaughter....
    We ate a lovely meal, cannot even tell you what it was, and while we were working on the dessert, again, no clue. My dad began to twitch.[​IMG]..then my mom began to 'giggle' behind her hand, finally she said "Herbert" (that's my dad) "stop it!"...well he gave her a 'look'...she then got a real funny look on her face...we all looked under the table about that same time...and well....we were able to exit their small kitchen by various means....my dad tried to put a new exit in the dining room wall!
    It was a boa...about 6 ft....they had it for years, claimed they forgot to put it up for company! We went back in when he put it in it's cage...but we didn't stay long. He fed it a mouse....yuck!
    We laughed about it later...but we'uns aier skeered of them thar thangs![​IMG]
    What kind is yours?

4. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Yoshii! He's an Amel, but he's also het for Caramel and Stripe so he can make Amels, Butters, Caramels, Amel Stripes, Caramel Stripes AND Butter Stripes!

Parsonswife, I dont like you threatening my snake with a hoe,lol. I love my snakes. I've definitely noticed that most Religious people I know hate snakes. Im a Christian myself, and I love them, but the rest of my family hates em. My Pastor's wife loves them too. She's awesome.

That is hilarious! I would be worried to let my snakes out because they would most likely vanish! I would have been in heaven. Ehh, feeding them mice is nothing,lol. I breed my own mice for my snakes, its pretty fun. He is a Corn Snake.

5. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oooh, Butters are a favorite. They're just so richly colored!

I love herps so much, but my mother will let me have ANY other pet, she will not have a snake under her roof. Heck, she let me get a HEDGEHOG. Still no snakes... once I have my own place, though. Probably a nice Corn, but the aesthetics of balls is great, too. Hee.

6. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Jordan, is this one of the tiny ones you got a few months back, if it is WOW has it grown. I realize they grow fast but you must be feeding it good!! Beautiful snake. Jenn

7. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Yeah, Yoshii, Butters are amazing. I love Caramel Stripes though! Im planning on getting one later this year to pair up with this guy when she gets big enough! I also have a Bearded Dragon. My parents were strictly against snakes. I could have anything I could afford, but a snake. Growing up in a Christian Household, snakes were the devil,lol. But I did really well in school and talked them into one. Then I talked them into another, and then that turned into a pair. Then the breeder called and said she'd throw in another pair for free, so I got those 4. Then after that, my parents just gave up, and I got Dawson,lol. I love my Corns. Balls are cool too, but I've heard they can be tricky eaters. That wouldnt bug me, but my mom doesnt want fat snakes in the house,lol.

Hey Jenn! Nope, its not,lol. I got this guy at the end of January, the other one you saw is my yearling Amel, Irwin. He's getting big, but he's not this big! lol. Thanks!

8. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

He is VERY handsome!!! Do you think you'll breed him in the future to make some fun combos? You have quite a lovely collection going. [​IMG]

9. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Roux! I actually have an adult female that is big enough, and I've been thinking about it,lol. I dont know if she has any hets, but when I got her she was with a bunch of Amels, Anerys and Snows, so its possible she's het for Snow! And since he's an Amel, I might get Amel babies. I dont know, Im thinkin about it. I definitely plan on getting a hatchling female this year that will go well with him when she's old enough. Thanks! They are too fun to have just one,lol.

10. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

That's okay. You can keep that.... thing to yourself. Please, I insist.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by