New sneaky teenager here who got in BIG TROUBLE earlier this year...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fayvale Farm, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Fayvale Farm

Fayvale Farm New Egg

Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Hi,

My name is Lindsay and I am an older teenager. I was born in the city of Tampa/St.Petersburg, Florida, but I have really adapted to living in good ol' rural Texas. We have had chickens off and on because of moving, and even runner ducklings at one point... I think we will move one more time next summer out to Azle or Weatherford, have a few hundred acres, and then settle down for once, where I can have all of my poultry [​IMG]

Anyways, aside from having four chickens already illegally, back in Febuary I got a new credit card. Guess what I did with it? Yep, I bought something. Hatching eggs. Quail. 250 of them. I wasn't thinking at the time. The mailman delivered them when my mother was dropping off my little sister at middle school. I was just running upstairs with the box when she got home, just turning the corner to my end of the hallway. They were living in a homemade toybox incubator up until one of them HATCHED in the toybox-room heater-incubator. It was like a little piece of popcorn, bouncing around and screaming for mommy. Our clumsy cat fell in the toybox and smashed all of the 249 eggs that didn't develop and stunk up the WHOLE HOUSE.

Then, then, THEN:

While I had my little quail illegally, I wanted MORE. I was hooked. So I went to eFowl and ordered assorted runner ducklings as a Mother's Day present. The box got here, some chirping was happening, and I rush over to my mom, who I knew loved ducks (thats why I got them for her, also why I got to keep the quail [​IMG] ), then:

"Oh no! Half of them are dead!"

... [​IMG]

Not a good expirience; maybe next time we'll order eggs, or live birds from Ideal, which is about 3 hours away.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. Fayvale Farm

Fayvale Farm New Egg

Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Also wanted to note that I named my account Fayvale Farm, because that was the name of our old ranch and will be the name of the new one in 2011 when we move [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am sorry you are having such bad luck with the quail and the ducklings. Don't give up and when you finally move to the farm get chicks, ducks, quail, geese and all the fun fowl. Good luck in the future. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Welcome, you naughty girl! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by