New Sportsman 1502 just arrived

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Just got a call from the DW...."what is this BIG package that just arrived from FEDEX, says its from GQF manufacturing?" [​IMG] ....oooppps!

Guess that would be my new Sportsman...arrived before I had a chance to explain how I was paying for it! I suppose I'll have some 'splainin to do when I get home!!!

Oh well....

After deer season, look out.....gonna be dangerous with that much room to incubate eggs in!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats, Scott!! Now, there's no stopping you. [​IMG]

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

by the way, how much it prices?

and how many it can hold chicken eggs? [​IMG]

just wanna check any market price.

4. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I need a drooling smiley. Congrats and good luck [​IMG]

5. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:I purchased it from a company that only sells in the US. Approx $650 (US) plus freight. Holds up to 270 chicken eggs....hope that helps

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    [​IMG]

7. larryj57

larryj57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    good luck with the incubator, i saw a post from you earlier about some chicks are they all gone?

8. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

wew [​IMG] , $650

that's a really big amount of money.

honestly, although without any brand or famous, in here there is a small company that produce incubator, i don't know the material exactly, but it *only* cost $200 to have a bator for 1000 eggs. but still, i don't know the reability, i do think many products are expensive not only because of its accuracy/ability but because its *brand*. people do believe in brand. [​IMG]

thank you for the information, perhaps as a *trivia* your bator price is far more expensive than my laptop price. [​IMG]

9. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Mulia24,

A lot depends on ones ability to sacrifice. Look at it this way, if all you can afford is a styrofoam box, but you are also willing to sacrifice the time to babysit your incubation, then all you really need is one of those $49 hovabators without the forced air or automatic turners. On the otherhand, if you are not willing to sacrifice your time, or your time is better spend doing other things, then you might just want to go ahead and spend the extra money to purchase an incubator that you dont have to babysit as carefully.

In a nutshell, more reliability and conviences comes with a bigger price tag. Electronic thermostats simply cost more than a manual adjustable one. Electric gear reduction motors for a turner cost more than a broomstick you turn by hand. Fans for forced air circulation cost more than non circulated air, but will improve hatch rates, so it lowers the cost of chick to egg ratios. Wooden cabinets cost more to build than styrofoam, but will last for years, where as the styrofoam ones might not last a season. Everything has its tradeoffs. I might add likeyou, sometimes the high cost of a cabinet incubator is hard to swallow, but having built a few and purchased all the aparts, I can also see why they have to cost so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by