New Storey's Guide published

ejctm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
I was just looking on Amazon for the Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks - which I have heard is the bible for duck-keepers, so thought I had better have a copy on my bookshelf (not that BYC is not an amazing source of useful information
wink.png
)

Anyway, I saw that there is a new version out on 15th january 2011 which is the second edition, the first edition being published as long ago as 2000. I thought rather than get a copy of the original, which is still available both new and used, I would just wait and get the new one next year, although I might need it before then! Perhaps I should just rely on BYC in the meantime,
big_smile.png

Just thought I would flag this up for anyone who is interested. It is written by Dave Holderread btw.

Last edited:
Cool--I'll probably buy the new edition just to see what's been updated. The book is worth its weight in gold, and Holderread has not lost his leading hands-on expertise, so I expect the new book to be wonderful. Thanks for sharing that--I had no idea a new edition was planned.

I can't wait until January 15th! I put off buying the older book when I found out a couple months ago the new one was coming! I too saw it on Amazon.
big_smile.png

I'll buy a new edition as well. I don't know how much has been changed, but I know Dave has been working on revisions for months.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL Me toooooo! I just got mine about 3 weeks ago.
hmm.png
I'll probably order the new one anyway.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom