New Storey's Guide published

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ejctm, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    I was just looking on Amazon for the Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks - which I have heard is the bible for duck-keepers, so thought I had better have a copy on my bookshelf (not that BYC is not an amazing source of useful information [​IMG] )

Anyway, I saw that there is a new version out on 15th january 2011 which is the second edition, the first edition being published as long ago as 2000. I thought rather than get a copy of the original, which is still available both new and used, I would just wait and get the new one next year, although I might need it before then! Perhaps I should just rely on BYC in the meantime, [​IMG] .

Just thought I would flag this up for anyone who is interested. It is written by Dave Holderread btw.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. Ceilismom

Ceilismom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    NW South Dakota
    I sure could have used this piece of news about a week ago.[​IMG]

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Cool--I'll probably buy the new edition just to see what's been updated. The book is worth its weight in gold, and Holderread has not lost his leading hands-on expertise, so I expect the new book to be wonderful. Thanks for sharing that--I had no idea a new edition was planned.

4. rflagg2

rflagg2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    I can't wait until January 15th! I put off buying the older book when I found out a couple months ago the new one was coming! I too saw it on Amazon. [​IMG]

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I'll buy a new edition as well. I don't know how much has been changed, but I know Dave has been working on revisions for months. [​IMG]

6. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    Thank you for that heads up. I too almost bought a used one last week and thought I'd try the library first to see if I would need to buy.

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I have one for chickens and ducks. They are always kept handy. [​IMG]

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Does this book cover geese also ? or is there a book for geese from Dave ?

9. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:LOL Me toooooo! I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. [​IMG] I'll probably order the new one anyway. [​IMG]

10. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:The book we're talking about is only ducks. But yep, Dave has a separate Geese book.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by