1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new straw in the run

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FrenchHen, Jan 31, 2009.

1. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    It's been wet here for a while (well yeah, it's Oregon). Our chickies are in a run so they don't become roadkill or annoy the neighbors too much. Their run got pretty muddy, so I put down a good layer or straw to help that out a bit.

The girls didn't care for it much! They wouldn't come out of their coop for the longest, even when I called and flashed the treat bucket.

Those who were brave enough to try were taking the funniest high steps. It was like the chicken drum line in slow motion!

They had a lot of fun digging through it all afternoon.

They are just so wacky! These are our first chickens, and I just love it.[​IMG]

2. speltier

speltier Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    Berkeley, Califonia
    I can relate! I'm so charmed by my new flock... way too cool!

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Ours have been doing that "high-stepping" dance across our thin layer of snow. Complete with a look of...I don't know...confusion? Disdain? It's their first snow. Too funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by