New Suedelettes! BBS Orp Chicks- NEW Pics - 8 Wks- Post 58! 10/2

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Aug 17, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The splash belongs to Smoky. The two blacks and the blue belong to Dusty, her sister, all sired by my big old Suede. The splash and the two blacks are 12 days old and the blue one is 8 days old and they all belong to Cetawin, who will pick them up the first part of September. The black one in the first pic, with the white in the wings, is a male for sure--he crowed at 4 days old! Of course, we're sure the splash is a boy. His name is Zeus and he is full brother to the late, great Thor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] They are beautiful. I think that blue one may be a boy too...the wing feathers are different lengths or so they appear.....LOL Time will tell for sure maybe s/he will declare itself soon. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  3. speckledhen

Don't know if you noticed, but the black pullet has a little tail coming in already, plus the even wing feathers. When the blue is as old as the others are now, we'll reassess that and see if he/she has a little perky tail or nada. The wing feathers are not completely even, but not nearly as pronounced in the length differences as Zeus or Atlas's were when they came in.

Do you have a pic of Thor at about two weeks old for us to compare with Zeus? Of course, if the blue is a boy, we'll rehome Atlas (if you want) and you can choose a new name for him or rename him Atlas.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Do I have pics of Thor? hahahaha let me see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was at 10 days old

[​IMG]

Here is one at almost 3 weeks...couple days shy

[​IMG]

This was when he tried to flare up at Cheyenne...

[​IMG]

Ah here was that look we spoke about.... having a hard time remembering ages because I do not have access to my pics these are stored here I am thinking about 7 weeks or so

[​IMG]

11 - 12 weeks old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course....getting loves and mama time

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Such Cute Chicks! [​IMG]

6. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    awww the fluffy puffs!

7. speckledhen

They got their first roost bar today. The blue one is 12 days old and the other three are 16 days old. They were rather suspicious, of course, and I had to put a couple on the bar so they realized it would not eat them. LH, note the shoulder feathers on the blue baby already, leading me to think it's a pullet, as I originally thought. Time will tell!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    The blue chick is SOOOOOO precious!!!! Seems like shes ALWAYS looking at the camera when you are taking pictures........so adorable![​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Big, strong chicks - they are healthy beauties!

10. speckledhen

Thank you, both! I'm so thrilled with them and I know Ladyhawk is, too. Zeus, the splash boy, is very calm and unafraid of us, and I believe he'll be a natural leader like his late, great brother, Thor. The others take a bit more convincing, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by