New Super Blues from My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sea Wolf, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2015
    I have never ordered chicks through the mail before. Ordered 7 of the new Super Blue Egg layers from My Pet Chicken. All arrived alive, though one is smaller than the others and a bit wobbly right now. Packing was very nice. All are eating and I have seen most of them drink as well.

[​IMG]

2. BackyardMarana

BackyardMarana Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    They look cute , keep up updated with pics ,:) are they females or straight run?

3. Sea Wolf

Apr 30, 2015
    Supposed to be all females. Paid a chunk of change for them so I hope so. They just seemed like a good thing when I saw them advertised. A few of them already have black spots. Hope it's not Sharpie marker LOL. :) This cross is totally new to me (as well as MPC). Will try to update the post so others can see how they progress.

4. BackyardMarana

BackyardMarana Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Cool, and goodluck :)

5. Shezadandy

Shezadandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    Hopefully all your girls are looking like girls so far!
    Mine are now almost 16 weeks and are just over 2.5lbs.
    (I've got a mixed breed cockerel that is 2lbs at 6 1/2 weeks, so the SBEL girls seem tiny)

6. Sea Wolf

Apr 30, 2015
    All are doing great. Still too soon to tell boys from girls though I think. All were supposed to be girls anyway. 7 of these and 6 EEs that I bought as Americaunas. :( Oh well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  7. Shezadandy

Shezadandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    The front two look like our females. The one peeking around the corner on the left is a little suspicious... just a little.
    If you do get cockerels from your all girl group, remember to file a claim- they will refund your $$ for any mis-sexed individuals.
    =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by