New sweet little chicks are here! Age? breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dancingmama, May 20, 2010.

1. dancingmama

dancingmama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2010
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Hi all! I'm a first-timer, just got my chicks! The breeder wasn't sure on their ages cuz they were hatched at a local school. I think I have 2 EEs (brown and white), one Buff Orpington, one Australorp, and one Barred Rock. Any opinions on that? And any idea on age? And when might I be able to take an educated guess on genders? We got 5 but can only keep 3, so hopefully at least 3 are pullets! Thanks everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm not sure, but they are so darn cute!! Little sweeties!! [​IMG]

3. ChIck3n

ChIck3n Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Texas A&M
    The little chipmunk looking ones are certainly EEs. The yellowish one could certainly be an orpington. But, does the black/white one in the foreground have feathered legs or just dark? It almost looks lightly feathered in the pics. And yes, the other one appears to be a Barred Rock. Have fun with your chicks!

4. dancingmama

Jan 17, 2010
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thanks so much! Nope, the black/white one's legs are dark. No feathers that I can see.
    We are falling in love with them all! It will be hard to give some up!
    Any idea on age? One week? Two? Less?

5. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    They don't seem to be a week yet, very little wing feathering. Wing feathers usually start in the first couple of days.

6. dancingmama

Jan 17, 2010
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thanks, chickaddict. Y'all are so helpful [​IMG]

I can NOT BELIEVE how cute these chicks are. And how they already have different personalities [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by