New Tattoo!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknThief, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Ok so I am in the beginning stages of designing my next tattoo! This is what I have so far...

[​IMG]

It's a little rough but you get the basic idea. I will have to have the artist add more definition to the lion. I might even put an inverse of the lion the the right side to make it more congruous. (sp?)

What do you guys think!? Anything you would add or take away to make it look smoother? The text is a quote from my favorite author. Kudos to the first person to guess who that is and what book it's from [​IMG] Google = Cheating!

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't have to google it - I'm a longtime C. S. Lewis fan!

The text is from "The Magician's Nephew" - it's the warning under the bell; striking it breaks the spell that holds Jadis in a state of suspended animation. [​IMG]

3. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

I knew it was something from C.S Lewis because -duhr!- the lion. [​IMG]
    It looks awesome to me!

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I like it just the way it is! I think 2 lions might be to much. You could get it done as is and if you decide you want the second tiger on the other side down the road then get it then. Just make sure its something you can live with on your body for the rest of your life.

5. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Thanks guys! I am really excited about it. I am thinking of changing out that lion and replacing it with this one...

[​IMG]

His eyes are more expressive that the one I originally used. He would be positioned on the right instead of on the left.

Whatcha think? Lion A or Lion B??

6. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I like the idea and think it looks really good. I do like the second lion better, though...he looks more majestic, and I like his eyes too.

Where are you going to put it? I'd think it would have to be fairly large with all the script and the detail in the lion. Back? Arm? Leg?

Anyway, congratulations and have fun with it!!

7. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Cute. Normally I don't like writing in tattoos, but I have a feeling this will turn out nicely. Just be sure you get a good, literate tattoo artist. [​IMG]

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    The lion is beautiful but if you go with dark lettering you are going to loose it in the lions mane.
    What do the words say my old eyes can't see them very well.

9. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    It says:

Make your Choice, Adventurous Stranger
    Strike the bell, and Bide the Danger.
    Or Wonder, 'till it Drives you Mad.
    What would have Followed, if you Had.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by