1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New therapy chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cuddly Chicken, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Cuddly Chicken

Cuddly Chicken New Egg

Jul 3, 2012
    I just got 6 new beautiful chickens the first of last March ( 2 Buff Orphingtons, 1 Silkie, 1Porcalen, 1 California White, 1 Barred Rock.) These animals are in the process of being trained to work with developmentally disabled folks through Hope Farms Project in Elizabeth, Colorado. We are excited to share the amazing healing ability that these animals have on people!

2. ChickaBamBam

ChickaBamBam Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    Welcome to BYC from NW Indiana.
    What you are doing is so great. [​IMG]

My elderly mother lives with us and sits outdoors for an hour every afternoon to watch the chickens. She fins it relaxing. Since she started doing this I have noticed how many photos posted here by members have lawn chairs near the coops or runs. So I would say many other people find them a joy to watch as much as she does.
    Best of luck to you. I look forward to hearing about what you are doing.

3. chickenboy1400

chickenboy1400 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Callahan Fl
    Wow! It's great what you're doing!!!! Let us know how everything goes:D

4. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC! Thats a great idea you have there. Chickens are great for people and really help with any problems, stress, or anything. Good luck with the them. I think they will be a great therapy help.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. Cuddly Chicken

Cuddly Chicken New Egg

Jul 3, 2012
    I really appreciate all of your kind words!

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. Just reebok

Just reebok Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! I love your idea! What are you training the chickens to do with therapy? I am going back to nursing school and think this is a fascinating idea!

10. cajun backwoods

cajun backwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    reeves, la.
    wow that is a great thing your doing and thats right there is alot of good comes from having these great birds, to us its another great hobby me an my wife can do together, oh and welcome to byc [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by