New thread for lost loved chicks and chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Can we make a thread here for those chickens there were very loved and had passed on? I just lost my 3 day old chick and didn't know exactly where to post it. I think it's worth having a thread for those of us who loved our babies. I was going to post it in raising baby chicks but it's so depressing and I see that thread as a happy thread. Or is there someplace that I'm missing already here??
    Boy some of us really get attached to those sweet things don't we!? It's my first loss and it's just like losing a cat or dog!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Sorry you lost your chick, it is hard isn't it? There was a huge memorial thread at one time, might be in Everything else chicken? But I don't see any reason you can't start a new one. Sorry for your loss, I know I have cried everytime I have lost one of mine, I don't think it gets any easier.

Edit to add the thread if you would like to read it, it has sort of taken on a life of it's own and includes many different kinds of pets, very heart felt thread.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7215&p=1

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I know what you mean. This is a photo of our late Priscilla. She had NEVER been separated from Elvis, but at last year's livestock fair, she was....two weeks later...she died.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it wasn't for Oldtimegator, we would not have found a replacement mate for Elvis!

RIP Priscilla!

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Sure, you guys can make a thread for this! Either use this thread or start a new one. I'll move this to the "me, my chickens" section where it is a better fit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by